9 January 2012

I hope you all had a very happy new year. I have been meaning to write a post for some time now, but we have been rather preoccupied these days trying to relocate our life to a different country!
Life is just a little chaotic at the moment and I am concentrating on keeping my sanity and my family happy, as well as packing, re-packing and organising all our belongings.

Anyway...

Christmas was a magical time with the family, spent in the beautiful mountains far away from the rest of the world it seemed... including internet.
A nice break I have to admit. :)



We ate, drank and were very merry! The girls (along with their cousin Oliver!) had a lovely time and played and played with their new things.

We then had a very exciting new year to look forward to as we headed east to the city of Istanbul. I got rather snap happy with the camera and did my best to capture this colourful, authentic place amidst the hustle and bustle and comings and goings of our trip (kids in tow!).
I hope the following images help you to envisage this marvellous place and tempt you to its delights one day in the future.

The 'Arasta bazaar'









There were plenty of sweet delicacies to be enjoyed throughout the day to keep our shopping energies up. ;)


Shopping for teapots (!)


We did plenty of walking throughout the day and so our darling baby tagged along so patiently, she was so good, I am very proud of her. X 


All over the city you can find these beautiful ceramics and discover ancient ruins and architecture that pop out in unexpected places.

We visited the 'Museum of Turkish & Islamic Art'... I will try and do a separate post about it as it was a very inspirational place full of beautiful, inspiring pieces that go back hundreds of years. 

I feel I have only just scratched the surface, but this is already a rather long post so I better sign off here. There are still more photos so look out for part two... :)

{Here is 'my sisters post' about the trip.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails