27 February 2011

Austen Country

Just down the road from where we live is the house that Jane Austen grew up in. It's a pretty special part of the world to be in for that very reason. This woman continues to inspire many others like me 200 years after her death for her witticism, storytelling, intelligence and acute observations of her own society. 

Roads are even named after places in her books, Willoughby Avenue, Netherfield Drive etc.

We rented the new BBC adaptation of 'Emma' and are planning to start it tonight. The era is such a visual feast for the eyes, I am really looking forward to it.... 



Hope you had a great weekend! x

1 comment:

  1. I still have all my Jane Austen books reminds me of my childhood I still love her now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails