15 November 2010

Wintery fashion & photography.

I was introduced to these stunning images via aimeeclaire

{click to enlarge}

...they're from Toast's winter catalogue.

I just love the contrast and crispness of these images. The models strawberry red hair and porcelain white skin looks perfect against the snowy backdrop... reminds me a bit of Nicole Kidman in 'Cold Mountain'. 

These photographs are getting me in the mood for that kind of frosty, cold winter - but it's far from that here! We took a bike ride over the weekend and people were out sunbathing and even swimming in the sea! It is an unusually warm November here, with some days in the early twenties. 

I can't decide whether to appreciate it or not. I've tried to pull out the odd woolly jumper, or hat & scarf but they usually end up stuffed in my bag or left in the car... and with all the gorgeous winter fashion out there I feel a bit like I'm missing out. But then... who complains about sunshine! I'm sure I'll be getting my share of the cold when we head back to the UK at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails